Humminbird 409700-1 541 Fish Finder (Grey)
Do you want to know the temperature of your surrounding water which is essential for different kinds of fish under water? That question is arising because the temperature of the water influences the type of fish you want. Humminbird 409700-1 541 Fish Finder (Grey) gives you that opportunity to experience different kinds of fish underwater. Moreover it belongs to many more lucrative features which are given below:
• 5-inch, LCD Grayscale display
• Dual beam transducer with 20-foot cable included
• 200/83kHz Dual Beam PLUS Sonar
• 800 Foot Depth Capability
• Product Dimensions 9.5 x 16.5 x 12.3 inches
• Item Weight: 3.2 pounds
• Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds
• ASIN: B00MVYO7Z2
• Item model number: 409700-1
• Use up to 800 feet deep
• 240v X 240h Resolution
• Requires 12-volt power supply
• Temperature and speed displays
• Good warranty and quality customer service
- Big Screen: A fishfinder would be preferable if it shows all details clearly and it will be possible if the screen size is big. It is humminbird 541 fishfinder which can provide you with a big small to see all details on screen clearly.Humminbird 541 sonar comes with a huge 5-inch screen so you can see every detail of the bottom as well as the fish even the pebbles also. Though the display of the humminbird 541 sonar doesn't belong to a color one, you can still see everything that the sonar recognizes on the monochrome LCD display.
- Resolution: This is an essential feature to have a screen with great resolution. If the resolution is great, you can see every details more accurately. In addition to the big size of the screen, humminbird 541 fishfinderalso provides you better resolution so you can see small details like rocks and pebbles. The display is 240x240 pixels gives you most accurate picture possible even in a boat mounted sonar unit.
- Depth: In order to find the school of fish, you have to beware of the depth of your target. It ishumminbird 541 sonar which lets you know the depth of the fish' location and capable of penetrating some serious water. It can do it by shooting its sonar beam down to depths of up to 800 feet deep which is possible in rivers, ponds, lakes, and even the ocean. This deep water capability makes the humminbird 541 sonar one of the most attractive fishfinders on the market today.
- Dual Beam Sonar: The Hummingbird 541 come with a dual beam transom mount transducer with 20 foot cable. If you away from your location, your helm is more than 20 feet, be sure to order an extension with your unit. Dual beams means the opportunity to choose between a wide angle sonar picture and frequency, or a narrower beam and frequency. Wide angle sonar allows you to see a larger visual underwater and performs well both in shallow and deep situations. Narrower angle sonar gives you a more pros and cons about the picture and can penetrate deeper depths.
- Temperature Sensor: Temperature of the water is also important to find schools of fish. Warm or cold water determines the type of fish. humminbird 541 fishfinder gives this additional offer to know the temperature of your surrounding water. Recognizing different areas of warmer and colder water will allow you to find where the fish are hanging much more easily.
- Doesn't find the depth of the fish: The Humminbird 409700-1 541 Fish Finder (Grey) does not find the depth of the fish. the depth alarm goes cuckoo says the depth was 1ft while it had been in showing me 160ft deep waters.
- Solution: It is a rare case because it can find fish by shooting its sonar beam down for the depths of up to 800 feet deep, so you are able to use your fishfinder in rivers, ponds, lakes, and even the ocean. You should restart it for multiple times so that it could recalibrate and give you an actual depth since it would go from working to depth alarm, over and over.
- Problems with screen: The screen of the humminbird 541 fishfinder is not colored. There is no split screen capability. The screen is completely fogged up on the inside. The display sometime isn't viewable even on an overcast day and it showed a low battery even with two fully charged marine batteries. Peeling off the screen protector, it left adhesive residue on the outside of the screen that wouldn't clean off.
- Solution: The screen size is large and also gives you great resolution that will enable you to see small details like rocks and sticks. The display is 240x240 pixels which will help you to get the most accurate picture possible with a boat mounted sonar unit.
- Question: what is the lowest depth it will record?
- Answer: Hummingbird 500 will go from 115 ft. to 700 feet.
- Question: need a manual for this model, anyone know where I can buy one?
- Answer: A copy of the manual in printed form will really need to have it because you need to set the depth, etc., for each body of water.
- Question: does the 541 include transducer?
- Answer: Yes, but it may not be the one you want. There are transom mounted units, and motor mounted units. Them included transom mounted one can be exchanged at no cost for the one you may want instead. See their web site. This unit comes with a transducer. But not the scupper transducer for sit on top kayaks. It comes with a standard transom mount transducer designed for standard power boats. You can do a swap with humming bird, but you have to pay the difference in price.
- Question: Can it be used at night?
- Answer: Sure. The screen lights up enough to see at night. You can change the power settings for brightness and if it goes dim, just hit a button and it will brighten up again. There is a backlight but you could always use a flashlight.
- Question: How does one change depth indicator from meters to feet?
- Answer: Press menu key twice to access the tabbed main menu. Then press the right cursor key until the "Setup" tab is selected. The top item on the menu is UNITS - DEPTH. Press the right or left cursor to select meters or feet.
- Question: Does it read speed?
- Answer: No. Download the product product manual if you don't have it. It says that, with the optional paddle wheel sensor, it reads Elapsed time, Distance, and Average speed. It is easier to download the manual and read up on it. It does not come with it, but you can add the speedometer, it is a simple task and very easy to install. The price of speedometer is reasonable. If you troll a lot, it helps to have one. So in short, the Hummingbird model 541 does not read speed. Depth and water temp only.
Humminbird 409700-1 541 Fish Finder (Grey) would be your new boat toy as it is perfect companion for kayak or pontoon boat. One of the most lucrative features it belongs is the big resolution display that will let you know the details with clear visualization. In spite of some deficiency,humminbird 541 fishfinder will give you some unique feature that may not available in other fishfinders. So be hurry and grab this fishfinder and enjoy your fishing with delight.